Let me correct myself DSL modems are different than Cable modems.

Stewart

At 08:22 PM 12/12/2007, you wrote:
NO!

DSL modems are completely different than DSL modems.

You need to contact ATT and see about getting a plain jane DSL modem. I can understand them wanting you to use theirs and I can understand you wanting to use yours.

When I had DSL I went through a few (I mean a few) tech calls trying to get my DSL modem to do just that be a modem and not a router. When I found the right Tech guy it just took one change of a field in the modem setup and all was OK.

Stewart