Actually my 256mb sd card is good enough for me when it comes to just doing pics. But Panasonic recommends the high speed card (I'm assuming that is the sdhc?) for doing the quality video my camera is also capable of doing. Though the video it's doing now seems fine. I haven't tested it (timed it) but I guess I'm not going to get a very long video with only 256mb. So, if the price is right I might as well max it out to Panasonic specs if I can.

Jeff M