I'm sorry, my post was a direct response to the previous comment regarding
airport security in France.  I don't recall the original post.  I can't recall
having personally had any problems with Customs.  I think they mostly harass
foreigners.  However it distresses me that there are people who are discouraged
from travelling to the US because of horror stories they've heard regarding US
customs, despite the favorable exchange rate.