Merriam-webster definition:

1often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of
the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that
stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader,
severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

2: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial
control <early instances of army fascism and brutality ­ J. W. Aldridge>

does not seem to me to be tou\o tough a shoe to fit.