>Ir's called "Lifeline".  Check it out here www.lifelinesupport.org .

Thanks for the link. I followed it up. It is a stingy program. The plan
will reduce the monthly bill by "up to" $13.30. I expect that "up to"
means the real reduction will be significantly less. To qualify you have
to be very poor. The least expensive service I could find was about
$50/month. So the net result would be a plan reduced to about $40/month.
But someone poor enough to qualify would hardly be in a position to spend
$40/month on telephone service. They will need the money to pay for food.

Looks like another plan to aid the poor cooked up by executives who pay
themselves $1,000,000/day.

I don't think this is sufficient to remove the word "evil."