"Rev. Stewart Marshall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

There used to be NET10 phones not sure if they are still around.

They're owned by Tracfone, and yes, they're still around. Phone/plan choice depends on how much you will use the phone. Net10 is 10 cents a minute, so is T-Mobile. Net10 and Tracfone minutes expire after 60-90 days; T-Mobile 1000 minute card expires in 365 days. There's lots of prepaid choices, but few good ones.

If you only use 20 minutes a month and buy 100 minutes, they'll expire before you use them. So 15 cents a minute for 7-11 SpeakOut $25 card, expiring in 365 days, is a good deal for people who use the phone infrequently and don't want to lose minutes that expire too soon. Talk a lot? Get a plan with cheaper minutes. Compare at links in my last message.

Cell phone plans are too complicated and expensive. It took us a long time to compare and get what we need at a fair price. It's not so bad in Europe, the choice of phones is better and the plans are much cheaper. Sigh...some day it will be better here too--maybe when Google gets into the mobile phone biz.

Betty