>They're owned by Tracfone, and yes, they're still around. Phone/plan
>choice depends on how much you will use the phone. Net10 is 10 cents a
>minute, so is T-Mobile. Net10 and Tracfone minutes expire after 60-90
>days; T-Mobile 1000 minute card expires in 365 days. There's lots of
>prepaid choices, but few good ones.

I use the T-Mobile plan. While the T-Mobile 1000 minute card expires in
365 days the unused minutes roll over when you buy another 1000 minute
card before it expires. The 1000 minute card costs $100. Plus after you
buy your first $100 you get "golden rewards" extra minutes added to the
1000 minutes.

>Cell phone plans are too complicated and expensive

I agree with the 1st part, not the 2nd part. The above T-Mobile 1000
minute card provides a year of service for $100. Not bad!