Comcrap...er I mean, Comcast, like most ISPs, can be very, very good, or
really, really bad.

What they all - in my experience, SBC/ATT-Yahoo and Earthlink - have in
common is they're so big, they don't have to care and their customer
service is designed mostly to get you off the phone.

I've had on-going problems with Comcast over the years.  When it works,
it works pretty well, although I doubt I'm seeing anything above 2mbps
up or down.  Here's the results of my last speed test:  Speed Test
dslreports.com - Download: 102 (Kbps)/Upload: 6 (Kbps).

When it's working properly again, I'll do another speed test.

The latest is they've recommended they get me a new cable modem (this'll
be my 7th in about 3 years) since apparently the Teradyne unit I have
now has been reported to have problems.  Funny thing is, that's what
they also said about every other brand of cable modem they've given me.

There are some companies that offer good service because their smaller
and they have to care.  If you're in the SF Bay Area, Sonic.Net offers
outstanding service - several clients are using them and they've never
had to even make a service call.

Larry