Point taken. But really, when one has to prepare an answer based on
virtually NO information, it's tough to be real 'polite'. The
re-phrasing you wrote is only with benefit of the list having dragged
_some few_ details out of the OP.

In fact, at this point we all know he's probably going about it the
wrong way, but everyone's being too polite to actually tell him that.
Or maybe just turned off by his attitude. He asked for it.