On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, b s-w wrote:

> > My posts to the list are bouncing. Anybody else with such problems?
>
> Two of my messages  bounced, but I think it was an SMTP problem with
> Yahoo as well as an AOL problem. Many messages were duplicated.
>
> When one SMTP server doesn't work, I usually use one from another
> account. Now when I try to send my messages through another account's
> servers, either it won't authenticate, or the email address is changed.
>
> Internets is broken again.

Here is something interesting that has been happening with good ol'
Netaxs, now a part of PAETEC.

Frequently I stop getting any kind of mail at this addie for, say 12
hours. I get the techs on the phone and they express varying degress of
astonishment. Yes, this has happened pretty often recently. How do I know
I'm not only not getting mail, but also just plain losing it? I send tests
from my VZ account.

Many of them never show up, others get returned with this fascinating
message:

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

  Recipient address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
  Diagnostic code: smtp;553 IP 206.46.173.1 is UCEPROTECT-Level 1 listed.
 See http://www.uceprotect.net/rblcheck.php?ipr=206.46.173.1
  Remote system: dns;mail.netaxs.com
(TCP|206.46.173.1|47535|207.8.186.26|25) (rblsmtpd.local)

Reporting-MTA: dns;vms173001.mailsrvcs.net (tcp-daemon)

********

Netaxs swears they have nothing to do with UCE et al. So how are they
getting to see -and turn away!- my email?

Signed,

Puzzled in PA