If he'd compared low end macbook to low end HP, the HP would have won out by
about 200 bux.  I can drive down to Fry's right now and get a HP configured
with twice the memory, 2 inches larger screen, larger HD all for about 200
less then if I buy the macbook they sell next to it.   As is said, lies,
damn lies and statistics.  I don't doubt anything read in the article, but
it's still not wholey accurate.  I'll never understand the mac zealots
desire to prove beyond any doubt that macs don't cost more.  I bought an
ipod and it was more expensive then a lot of other mp3 players, but I wanted
the polish..the fit and finish of the product.  That's why people buy macs,
not cause they are a bargin, but because of the bright and shiny finish of
the hardware and OS.  And I don't put down that value at all, it's just not
for everyone.

Mike