-----Original Message-----
From: Computer Guys Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rev. Stewart
Marshall
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 10:06 AM
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] Where's my computer?

It depends on the industry/business you are involved in.

In the religious/Non profit world you are usually confined to
donated/refurbished equipment.  I know many pastors who have either
bought their own laptops (like me) or have larger churches where
business exec's donate used laptops from their companies to the staff.

Plus what software are they running?  Again in my business most of
the software is written for Windows not OSX.  Our publishing house
recently put out software for the design and publishing of ready made
service bulletins for worship.  Program is only written and published
for Windows computers, even though the head guy in charge of this a Mac
addict.

Go figure.

Stewart

At 11:51 AM 7/11/2008, you wrote:
>Without actually looking at raw data, there's no way to prove or
>disprove either point.  Macs are becoming more prevalent these days but
>it's hard to determine just how many are being purchased by
>corporations.

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ozark, AL  SL 82