We're working with an FTP site, where we're uploading files for a company we're
working with.  We're on WinXP.  I use Firefox, & have no problem connecting to
the site, or downloading files to check on their accessibility.  One of my
coworkers is using Internet Explorer 7, & has problems viewing the files.  I
used to be able to right-click on a file in IE, & I'd have an option of saving
the link (i.e. the file) to my computer (this was also available through either
Ctrl-click or Alt-click-can't remember which).  Now, in IE 7, I have the option
of "Save Target as...", & when I try that, the file starts to download, then
stops, telling me that the login was unsuccessful (I have to log in to the FTP
site with a username & password, & have no problem with that).  I then tried to
install Firefox on her computer, which looked successful.  But, when opening
Firefox, it can't connect.  So here are a couple of questions:

1)  How can I download the files from the FTP site in IE like I do in Firefox?
2)  Why can't I get Firefox to work on her computer, when it works fine on mine
(she has Administrator status on her computer, & I had her do the Firefox
installation).

tia.

   david

David Turk

Manager, Preservation Imaging Services

Indiana Historical Society
Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center

450 W. Ohio St.

Indianapolis, IN  46202

(317) 232-4592

[EMAIL PROTECTED]