i loaded itunes and do like it.  it took all my mp3 files and converted them to
itune format.

i got my new acer econobox, and loaded everything i could.  the folder with the
mp3 files transfered, as did the file with the itune format files.  itunes.exe
did not transfer in an executable form, so i reloaded it.  after it loaded, it
went searching for files to convert.  it found all the mp3 files and converted
them.  it did not overwrite the old itunes files, so i now have some 800 tunes,
and some 800 dupes.  is there an easy way to clean the dupes?  i can see them,
but do not want to go in and delete each one individually.

i could wipe out the itunes music library, and then convert the mp3's again, i
guess.  i had added a few tunes to itunes, and would prefer not to go that way.