Yes and no.

Where I think the Satellite radios have it over Internet radio is sports.

The way sports events are licensed you will not find them on conventional internet radio.

I am a big Nascar fan and would like one of the satellite radios to catch races when in the car. (There is no station that has bought into the radio broadcasts locally)

Plus there are a few other venues which I do not listen too to make a difference.

NPR has a good presence on satellite radio also. However again down here coverage is spotty. Yes that is where an Internet radio again can offer good alternative but it depends on coverage once more. There is too little coverage in some parts of the country for it to be a killer, instead it just dies because of lack of support. However satellite because of its universal coverage is a big plus.

So for you on the east coast and in the city it might be the radio killer, but for us in the rest of the US satellite will still win hands down. (just for the record I do not have a satellite radio, I have been waiting for this deal to happen and them to consolidate equipment before I take the plunge)

Stewart