Along this line; just a reminder that you may also maintain separate iTunes libraries.

Holding down the Shift key when starting iTunes allows you to point to (or create) another iTunes library.

See: http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index.php/t-201828.html

and this part of the URL

07-26-2007, 05:51 PM
If you have a recent version of iTunes (7.2 or later?) you can now move your library a whole lot easier. The steps that your friend provided are not necessary; you certainly don't need to delete the songs from your library! Instead, do the following:

1- Make sure that iTunes is organizing your music all within the iTunes Music Folder (check your iTunes preferences to see that "Keep iTunes music folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library" are selected. There is no need to change the location of your iTunes Music Folder in preferences.

2- Close iTunes and move the entire iTunes folder to the new location (e.g. move C:\..\My Documents\My Music\iTunes to E:\iTunes).

3- Hold down your shift key while you launch iTunes. You'll be prompted to Choose Library or Create Library. Select Choose Library and navigate to where you moved your iTunes folder and find the "iTunes Library.itl" file. Select that file and iTunes will launch as it always did, but all the files are on the new drive.

Note that the iTunes preferences will automatically change the default iTunes Music Folder to where it now resides. In previous versions of iTunes it didn't do that, which required a more complicated method to move your library.

mike wrote:
Under FILE select ADD FILE or ADD FOLDER and it will scan the folders/files
and subdirectories.

Mike