I agree and understand what you say. What I was also pointing out is that Wall street expects companies to gain and make money. That is part of the economy and free market.

If company A does not meet earning expectations they get a no vote from Wall Street and their stock drops. If they beat expectations they get a nod and their stock increases.

Buy stock, invest in mutual funds which buy stock. Your pension plan my pension plan most everyone's private pension plan has come to rely and expect stocks to profit on Wall Street.

That is not greed it is called expected return on investment.

Stewart