>It's not a matter of not understanding when MY OWN experience is that I have
>had more hard then soft errors.

Stop buying drives from Toys-R-Us.

>You seem to have a consistent problem of believing your experience equals
>facts.

The change in MTBF stats from 2,000 to 300,000 is not just my experience.
You too can pull up a spec sheet and read it. Then you can experience it
too. We can all read the stats and make it a shared experience.

>If I have a client who lost an entire days work because I chose to
>implement a solution that only solved soft errors I would be doing him a
>disservice.

Taking such a position you would also have to protect them from meteor
strikes too. The essence of good management is the ability to properly
assess risk.

>It was just a few weeks ago that this was exactly the case, a hard drive had
>failed hardware wise and the engineering company would have been completely
>down had it not been for a RAID.

Stop buying drives from Toys-R-Us.

And tell the rest of your clients that you wasted lots their money
protecting them from a problem that is very unlikely to happen.