So, what makes you think that the vbattery is low? What are the signs?
I always used the date and time changes...

Marcio

At 21:18 13/10/2008, you wrote:
I imagine it could stop for a while, then start again, which might
simulate "running slow". But as someone mentioned, simply ensuring a
time sync periodically would prevent you from ever noticing it.