Just use the local ISP (Comcast for you) for the "pipe" to the Internet.  Don't
use their mailbox, except perhaps for low priority list mail.  Use, for
example, Gmail for your primary mailbox, or purchase a mailbox from a known,
reliable source.  My Internet connection is via Cox Cable, but his.com provides
my reliable mailbox.

Fred Holmes