Well I thought I knew what you were talking about...till you said it was too
expensive, then I wasn't sure since they aren't that expensive.  But I
suppose expensive is relative.  I know the motorola's I used go for about 50
bux, sometimes less with MIR.

Mike

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Eric S. Sande <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What would be too expensive?  I've always bought my own cable modems...for
>> relatively small price I might add.
>>

> I'm being overly presise about terminology today.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_television_headend
>
> In telecom (I don't actually know what cable people call it) the modem,
> router, gateway, whatever are usually termed as a class "edge devices",
> since they reside on the "edge" of the network.

Make sure you support your local CarbonONset programs!