>Yes, we know Tom, you hate windows.  We know, you've flogged it to
>DEATH...we all know.  It's not a secret.  Everyone agrees with you now,
>you've beaten everyone to your side.  Windows is horrid and terrible and a
>scourge.

I use Windows all the time. Probably half the time most days.

Why is it okay for me to be pissy about Apple's problems, but blasphemy
to write similar things about MS?

Anyway, the topic of this thread is building a game PC. I'm not writing
to not do it. All I'm saying is that one should not waste money on snake
oil. Having studied electroacoustics in college I do have some background
in the topic. I know how headphones work and I know how ears work. 5.1
headphones is nonsense.