David Newhall
> On Jan 17, 2009, at 1:35 PM, COMPUTERGUYS-L automatic
> digest system wrote:

>> Date:    Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:05:21 -0500
>> From:    Wayne Dernoncourt <way...@panix.com>
>> Subject: Windows & Active X

>> I bought myself a Garmin GPS in October.  I've been
>> trying to register it on the Garmin site for the last
>> couple of weeks.  I say trying because so far I've
>> been failing.  They don't really support the Mac so
>> I've been trying to use my wife's Windows XP computer.
>> The Windows version uses Active X for the registration
>> process.  For some reason, Active X is being prevented
>> from running, I tried shutting down AVG and nothing
>> still worked.  I don't know how to figure out where to
>> go from here.

> Garmin is one of the few GPS companies that provides
> decent Mac support. I've registered two on my Mac and
> love the new tool that sends google map coordinates to
> the Favorites folder on the device right from Google
> Maps.

Ahhh, I normally use this Mac as a limited user, everything
I do is as a limited user.  Installing the Garmin s/w didn't
do much that way.  I tried doing this as a the admin and
had lots more success.  It's been registered!  Thanks much.

--
Take care  | This clown speaks for himself, his job doesn't
Wayne D.   | supply this, at least not directly