>Actually, I think Tom was saying that Garmin forcing you to use Active
>X is a Bad Thing. And I'd have to ag. . . agre. . . Ohh, I just can't
>say it.

Forcing anyone to use IE is certainly a crime. I went one step further to
say that any company who can't figure out how to do a job using open
standards is advertising that they have very poor engineering skills.
Hence I would expect to be otherwise not too hot.

I believe subsequent posts cleared Garmin of this offense, but raised a
new one. To register you had to be running an administrative account.
That is not quite as bad as requiring IE, but certainly does not
establish their engineering chops. So instead of 0 stars they get 2 stars.