> I never talked about MS doing this to get new zune sales.

Oops.  Here is your post of 12/31:

Some call it Z2K9 others Zune Hara-kiri. I like "Zunepocalypse." Time is up
for the 30GB Zune models and they are all performing synchronized suicide.

You can just Google on "Z2K9" for the details.

This is indeed a clever way to boost sales. Do you think M$ may adopt such a
strategy in the future to get at all you cheepskates who are still running
Win 2000? That will get your wallets out!