I have a swell little scanner ...travelscan 464 ...it comes, of course, with
a cd...well, it includes presto image manager which is slow/cumbersome; on
my laptop the scanner shows up with microsoft image manager software and
works like a champ (winxpprosp3) ...I have no idea how it got that way.
After crash, my desktop (winxphomesp3) is redone fresh (a parallel xp
install got me everything back ...cool).  I don't want Presto and I wonder
how to get it to work like on my laptop?  Do I need to just install the
driver without Presto?  Or what?  Before, I had to run a black and white
sheet through the scanner with the presto thing to get it initialized.  I
don't think my laptop ever required that and it works fine & scans fine.
How should I approach this?  ...TIA!!