Quoting John Emmerling <jpemmerl...@gmail.com>:

Not much to say.  A 4-year-old "eMachines" used by my wife (ironically I had
been planning to replace it, but was hoping to wait for Windows 7) was on
last night past midnight.  When I saw it this morning, it was off and cannot
be powered back on.
The only power "switch" is a toggle on the front.  Pressing it does nothing.
 I tried plugging it into a different outlet (it is normally on a UPS).

There were no power interruptions overnight, I would have known because
several clocks would have been blinking.

Any suggestions beyond the obvious?

Is there a fuse on the power supply?