> Once again you cherry pick examples and omit the critical part of the
> big
> picture.

I cherry picked nothing, which would be tough if I did seeing that I was
giving a very broad and general overview.  How exactly do you cherry pick
for a 10,000 foot view?

> The major part of the housing crisis was triggered by banks that were
> too
> quick to foreclose. If they had worked out the mortgages, most of the
> houses would still be occupied and money would be flowing to the banks.
> Instead they foreclosed and now have bupkis.

I thought that was what banks did when you stopped paying your mortgage,
which is spelled out in the contract.  Oh well...I guess they'll have to
suffer the losses then, now won't they?

> The rest of us are hurt because there are too many empty houses on the
> market.

You're hurt because your house is now only worth 3 times as much as when you
bought it instead of 4?  For someone who goes on and on about the injustice
of it all, you sure don't give a tinker's damn about home buyers.

C'mon, just say it:  High prices good, low prices bad.

> Bankers are idiots. They should be compelled to give back the fat
> bonuses
> they paid themselves.

No, they should just be allowed to go out of business.  That's how markets
correct for inept stupidity, which we're now instead subsidizing to a fat
tune.