>Not if the laws of the jurisdiction mandate such up front.   I also
>never said there should not be adequate planning - I assume it is the
>duty of the government to plan for such eventualities.  Are you
>telling me you are not?

I think the cons/neocons describe this as passing debts on to future
generations. Past generations built the infrastructure. Then the
cons/neocons got control and screamed "no taxes -- I want to be free"
(probably because they were hippies in their youth). Then the bridges
started to fall down, the water mains broke, and the power grid failed.
Now guess who has to pay the debt: it is us.