look for columbine bookmark manager which allows conversion of various
formats of bookmarks (ie, opera, etc.) and will allow you to take m$ie
bookmarks and save them in various ways...

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Yarborough [mailto:edwardyarboro...@jhu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: Silly but important question...

If you are running XP the files are found under C:\ Documents and
Settings\<username>\Favorites. Copy the folder to a USB thumb drive or
whatever media suits your fancy. Next (no matter what Windows OS you are
running) open IE and use keystrokes "<ALT> F" then "I" and follow the
prompts to import the files from whatever media you saved it to.

Ed