> Wegman's is hit or miss for me.  If it is on sale it's
> cheaper but for many things it is more.

Actually, WRC4 in DC did a comparison shop--admittedly a couple of years
ago--and found Wegman's to be the cheapest of the big grocery chains for a
pretty basic shopping cart. No truffle butter.

Of course, the particular items you buy a lot could be cheaper at Giant or
whatever. But taken as a whole, Wegman's tends to be cheaper on items that
they all stock. (Although, in the interest of honesty, I must say that I end
up spending more because they have so much great stuff that no one else DOES
stock.)