>> May I ask how much time you've spent with Vista SP1 and Win7?
>
> None. ....
>
> Professionally, I can't change an OS on the fly.
> Can you show me one instance where a major American or for that
> matter a worldwide corporation has adopted Vista?

We weren't talking about either of these. The discussion was about the
initial OS installation on a new, personal machine.

You said that XP, unlike Vista, "actually works," and you implied that Win 7
lacks new features. Neither of these is accurate, since Vista SP1 works
fine, and Win 7 has significant new features. This made me wonder how much
actual experience you had with them.

So, with all due respect, "None" wasn't really a surprising answer.