That is called branding.

When was the last time you watched a Movie?  I mean really closely.

Notice how many different brands are noticeable either with the characters using them or the Logo being front and center. (Bond Movies are notorious for this.)

Companies pay big monies to have their logo plastered in a movie and be identified with something.

Yes even Apple does this too.

MS was touting that it is a bargain in this time of tight monies. It's logo being plastered all over the ad is what they aimed at. When you think saving money think MS.

Actually it was a good marketing approach in this time of tight monies.

Stewart

At 10:27 AM 4/1/2009, you wrote:
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Steve at Verizon <stevet...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Actually, MS is in no way touting their operating system in this commercial,
> which is aimed at an audience which is indifferent to operating systems
> (hard to believe for this newsgroup there are so many of them out there) and
> are just looking for an inexpensive laptop. I saw the ad only once, but do
> not remember any discussion of Windows or how great it is<g>.

  There is the MS logo prominently displayed three times in the ad,
and "Windows" is also displayed.

  Steve

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:popoz...@earthlink.net