Then why did the company not do it?

Get real Tom it did not work for their installs. (We are not even talking about Color here.)

It was also not expandable enough for this type of installation. (Could a Mac handle 12-24 dumb terminals?)

We are talking late 80's early 90's before Windows!

Software was written in AccuCobol. My supervisor was a Mac guy and he supported what we did.

Mac was not capable of running remotes via a modem.

Overblown silly? I saw a lot more of these than Mac installation for business. It was great for Desktop publishing and most of the newspapers and print shops had them, but for ehavy duty stuff, not even close.

Stewart

At 05:01 PM 4/3/2009, you wrote:
>This was early 90's when your only choices for something this
>powerful was Novell, Lantastic (On the DOS side) and XENIX/UNIX on
>the non DOS side.  Mac's were not even in the mix then.

Back then I was installing AppleTalk on Windows PCs. It was quick and
easy to instal and configure. The AT connector ran off the parallel port.
Worked like a champ. All those other alternatives were just over blown
and silly.

80
Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:popoz...@earthlink.net