All the viewfinders on point and shoot (non SLR) cameras do not function thru the lens so they do not and can not in fact tell you where the borders of your shot will be.
The LCD image does do that I believe...

db

Tony B wrote:
Never use digital zoom. It only removes resolution you can use later
when you zoom in.

Oh, I'm with the "use both" crowd. I'm not going to lay on my belly to
get low shots, so I try to guess what's happening with the LCD. Ditto
macros. But I probably just point and shoot (and crop later) more than
I use the LCD. It really pains me to see so many good cheap cameras
leave off viewfinders these days, leaving many outdoor shooters
clueless as to what they're taking a picture of.