We use the Verizon prepay. Same deal as far as paying $100 and and the minutes don't expire for a year. Good service and good coverage, important since I'm out in the boonies most of the time. It's our only long distance service so it took 6 or 7 months to go through those minutes. The most painful part is that the 1st call each day we use it has a $2 access charge.

Tom Piwowar wrote:
The topic of pre-paid cell phone plans has been much discussed on the list, but I thought such plans were just an odd corner of the market for really cheap folks like me. I just read that 60% of T-Mobile's subscribers are on pre-paid plans. Average revenue per subscriber is in the mid $50s per month. That's what I spend per year on my pre-paid. So those monthly subscribers must be dropping serious dough on feeding their communication habits!

Very interesting.