>In these days of key#s and stuff it takes a couple of months to
>restore a system to what it was before when you have to reload stuff.

Sadly true for my PC.

However I have found Apple's migration tool to be amazingly effective. I
can install a new OS on a new drive and then quickly migrate all my files
and applications to it. Most of the apps that have onerous activation
requirements seem to migrate over just fine too.

I wonder why big, rich M$ can't manage this. Maybe they secretly hate
their customers and chortle at the pain they are obviously causing?