I think the reason someone called you an Apple-head is because within the
question the she specifically said an air was too expensive, she wanted a
netbook.  Your answer was to ignore what she wanted and her price range and
tell her to...get an Air.   We've been here before, for some of us price
actually is an issue.  The mac lovers on this list can't seem to understand
that some of the other users have budgets and cost is an important factor.
I feel often as if I'm asking for advice on buying a nice family car only
from those who buy jaguars and bmws.