On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 12:53 AM, b_s-wilk <b1sun...@yahoo.es> wrote:

> She said that the MacBook Air was too expensive because it cost at least
> $1800. I'm pointing out that she can get one for half that at the online
> Apple Store. She didn't say exactly what her budget was. Maybe, like Lauren,
> it's $1000.

  I think that one of the flaws exposed in those new MS ads is that
these laptop hunters are obviously not doing their homework in advance
of going out to make their purchases.  It seems pretty clear to me
that the laptop hunters have walked into the Best Buy store having no
idea at all about what computer they want to buy other than to have
established a price that they are willing to pay.

  Anyone who goes to a Best Buy or to any other big box store, and is
not already armed with a fair degree of knowledge about what it is
that they are seeking to purchase, is in big trouble.  They are not
educated consumers.  They are prey for salesperson's who will try to
get them to buy whatever will generate the highest commission for
themselves and best suit what the store wants to currently promote.
The laptop hunters all seem to be computer neophytes, and perhaps have
previously never owned a computer.  The ads are certainly not intended
to teach one how to go about making an informed purchase, but rather
to simply go out and buy a "PC."

  Folks who see these ads should be able to learn a valuable lesson
about how to NOT go about making a computer purchase regardless of
what brand they may eventually buy.

  Steve