The debate may be over, but the consequences are not. One consequence that's ongoing: TV reception that's eccentric at best. So why not talk about it? Among other things, useful information can be exchanged: e.g. which types and brands of antenna work best, where to get them, and other tips. This is especially important for those of us who live in apartments and can't put a big antenna on the roof.

I'd love to have cable or satellite, but that's a "Let them eat cake" solution to the problem. (Have you ever noticed how many ways there are to say, "Let them eat cake"? While, in a strictly historical sense, Marie Antoinette may not have actually said it, other people have been saying it in one form or another ever since.)

--Constance Warner