On Jun 21, 2009, at 12:32 PM, Constance Warner wrote:
The debate may be over, but the consequences are not. One consequence that's ongoing: TV reception that's eccentric at best. So why not talk about it? Among other things, useful information can be exchanged: e.g. which types and brands of antenna work best, where to get them, and other tips. This is especially important for those of us who live in apartments and can't put a big antenna on the roof.

I saw the transition as an opportunity to upgrade and had many of my questions answered beforehand on this list. Based on what I learned here I replaced my SD Replay with an HD Tivo. I also learned here that DTV transmitter power was set much lower than it was for SD. So I decided to get an outdoor antenna. Not being suicidal I hired Fairfax Antenna to do the job. As one would expect from a pro, they immediately told me that I still needed both VHF and UHF. They knew about 7 and 9. So I had an easy transition at home. The Tivo service even downloads new channel assignments so I have no need to rescan. My TV at the office was a do-it-yourself job and did not go as smoothly. However, I think the channel 9 problem was caused by the station because the problem went away without my doing anything.