Actually, some gas stations still do give discounts for cash, like
the one I frequent.  I still pay by credit card most of the time though,
as I generally would save less than $ 1 and usually don't carry
a lot of cash on me.

From:    Matthew Taylor <taylorsmatt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Batch downloading of bank check images

Why would we object?  We might not use the restroom in the merchant's
establishment, but the cost for it is folded into the merchants cost
of doing business and thus reflected in the price.  Not every minor
cost should be itemized or made a la carte.

We do have a choice, most of us preferred the alternative.  Remember
cash discounts for gas, etc.?  Was not worth the hassle for most folks
and most gas stations did away with it.

Matthew