A word of caution:

In my column for December 2008, I wrote about the problems of electronic payments via computer.

Remember: If you are the computer person in your household and your
significant other is not a computer person, please write down all
your userids and passwords so that they can access what they need regarding your financial
matters on the Internet if you should become deceased.

Banks and other financial institutions will not allow them access to your
accounts if you end up deceased,  that has happened lots of times.

Banking by internet is very easy and many credit cards, banks and others would like to stop the paper statements as that will be very cheap for them.

But, if your SO can't access your accounts, it will take a lot of detective work and aggravation to pay the bills and such.

Something to think about..
Do it NOW!!
Rich