Okay, Jeff, here goes.  Apple generates lots of "excitement" at their
stores when they release a new product.  People line up for the opening
at their stores; that is consumer excitement.  M$'s biggest "excitement"
recently was when they reduced the advanced purchase of home versions of
Windows7 (feeling lucky?) by about 40% in the UK for a small number of
media-licenses so they could outsell Vista's advanced purchase.

Seriously, M$ is totally ignorant about marketing and will probably lose
huge chunks of cash trying to be Apple.  And I can't see people lining
up outside the M$ store.

Thank you,

Mark Snyder