Just this past May my mother fell in France and broke both her femurs.

My mother has both Medicare and Tricare for life. (My father was retired military reserves)

Medicare will not cover you outside the US.

Tricare will cover her surgery and hospital stay but it had to be paid for up front.

Total cost (All inclusive) for surgeries and hospital stay of one week was $12,000 US. Same stay and surgeries in the US would have been approximately $50,000.

US health care has found ways to line every ones pocket for a simple procedure.

Have some blood drawn and you will get two to three bills. Doctors office for drawing blood, lab for running tests, and pathologist for reviewing lab results. Now that is criminal and outrageous.

There is a better way to do this and it is going to take some time, but it is about time they start addressing it.

Stewart