Coverage isn't an issue where I live, not enough of one to force me into one
carrier.  I'm already with tmobile so obviously coverage is not my concern.
My concern are cost and the quality of access to the internet from the
handset and then coverage.  The touchscreen phones are the only ones with
above average browsing experience, right now it's iphone or the palm or
perhaps android.  Opera on WM on an HTC handset is a possibility.