The other alternative is T-Mobile. I got mine at Costco. The price of the phone was about $45 after rebate (I think, but it was several years ago) and I can buy minutes in whatever denomination I want down to about $20? I usually buy the 1000 minutes for $100. My first 1000 minutes easily lasted me the year. But like a teenager I found I started using the phone more often. Now they last me about 6 months. The phone is a cheap model. No camera. It can receive text, but if you don't give out your number that shouldn't be a problem. It can send text if you're young enough to figure out how to use that function. I'm not. I sent 2 text messages as tests. I think it took me about 1/2 hour to figure that out. I'll stick to voice mail if they don't answer their phone.

Jeff Miles
jmile...@charter.net

Join my Mafia
http://apps.facebook.com/inthemafia/status_invite.php?from=550968726