One side of it is that Doctors did not need to purchase it and did not.

Professionals are notorious (I mean Doctors etc.) in keeping up with the latest
technology.

With all the doctors I get to see with my wife We have only seen one clinic
(Othopods) who used tablets and kept all their records on computers.  He was
able to call up the record, even an MRI on tablet and then send it to a viewer
and show us the MRI.

This is out of 10 doctors 1 did it this way.

Not good stats.

Stewart

My country doctor runs her practice like a clinic. When I first started going there many years ago, she charged $5 for those without insurance. I think it's $35 or $40 now. She knows how to milk the Pharma system, taking as many samples as she can, then giving them to those who need them most and can least afford them.

Her waiting room tables and magazine stands are covered with computer mags--Macworld, PC World, IT mags, etc. She started automating at least ten years ago on her own. She walks around with a portable phone clipped to her belt and a bluetooth headset, to take patient calls. Her records are digital, as are the prescriptions she writes.

She's a real geek--in a good way--and is a good advocate for her patients whose insurance companies deny procedures that they're supposed to cover. She's had to raise fees over the years to cover the cost of a separate office that only handles insurance claim problems.

Betty