It's good to know this is something called "persistence" and will go away with time, as compared to permanent burn-in. I've already seen some of the cloudy "persistence" disappear, however the lines that look like horizontal scratches are back. This is probably due to the fact that I run Safari 99% of the time I'm on the computer. To be fair, I can't just blame Safari. Anything with these strait lines is causing the "persistence" problem. The Mail app is also causing some of it. I find it odd however that this just started happening within the last couple of weeks. For a good 5 months, using the computer the same as I do now, I never had this problem. It was an all of a sudden type deal that it started showing up. As to your observation, yes I'm one of those who keep their computer on 24/7. A couple of reasons for this, mostly selfish. I like watching the screen saver when I'm not actually working on the computer. They are mostly pictures I took and I like seeing them. On a side note, I also discovered how cool and cheap it is to have Vista Print make calendars out of my pictures. But you can only have so many calendars around. I'm also running out of space for large prints on my walls. So the computer screen saver is great. The other reason for keeping it on 24/7 is I hate the amount of time it takes for the thing to start. Like I said, a purely selfish reason. And yes I do keep on a couple of my TVs 24/7 as well. A couple of reasons for that as well. I like the background noise. Silence annoys the hell out of me. The other reason, and this may be a weak justification, it's cheaper keeping the TVs on then it is for a monthly contract with a security company. A TV playing makes most people think someone is here. I don't own a car anymore so that saves money on the idle $s.

Jeff Miles
jmile...@charter.net

Join my Mafia
http://apps.facebook.com/inthemafia/status_invite.php?from=550968726