I think I might have found a reason, and hopefully a fix for my problem. When I first got this new 24" iMac the display was set to it's brightest, I'm assuming by default. The computer sits on my desk at the same place the last ones have always sat. But the 24" screen set at it's full brightness is just to much in your face bright. So when I first got this I turned the brightness all the way down. For some reason a few weeks back I had turned it all the way up again. And that's when my problems started. So now that I've dimmed this thing down again I'll give it a few days or a week and see if this persistence goes away.

Jeff Miles
jmile...@charter.net

Join my Mafia
http://apps.facebook.com/inthemafia/status_invite.php?from=550968726